What Causes TMJ Ear Pain?
The temporomandibular joint is responsible for connecting the lower jaw to the skull, and makes your jaw move. When the TMJ, gets worn down, through excessive grinding, jaw clenching, or other repetitive motions, the cartilage and other connective tissues get inflamed and damaged. The proximity of this joint to the ear can result in a constant TMJ ear pain that you can’t get rid of.
If you have ever experienced TMJ ear pain, you know how disrupting it can be to your life. From the constant TMJ earache and hearing loss, to an abundance of other ailments, you would do anything for some TMJ ear pain relief.
You are not alone. There are more than 10 million Americans who are impacted by TMJ ear problems. The good news is you can do something about it.
What TMJ Ear Pain Treatment is Available?
- After a comprehensive dental evaluation, that often includes x-rays, neuromuscular testing, and a physical evaluation, a customized and holistic plan is developed to provide TMJ ear pain relief. This can include:
- Massage, acupuncture, chiropractic care, and other physical therapy
- Use of a dental splint to disengage your teeth and give your joint time to heal
- Application of topical medication for immediate TMJ ear pain relief
- Stimulation of the joint’s natural healing abilities with laser light waves
- Reduce inflammation with ultrasound waves
- Eliminate the source of stress that could be causing the teeth grinding or clenching
Why Choose Our TMJ Ear Pain Treatment Center?
At the Center for Sleep & TMJ Disorders, we specialize in a holistic approach to TMJ ear pain treatment that is non-invasive and helps you avoid surgery. Our extensive experience with TMJ ear pain and TMJ hearing loss allows us to efficiently provide TMJ ear pain relief so you can get back to living yourleep breathing and TMJ disorder patients find real solutions to their sleep and pain disorders, a life.
Contact us today to learn more about our TMJ ear pain treatment. Let go of your ear pain today.